Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Top 10 Muscle Cars which are readily available

Where do I find Muscle Cars?

I often come to vintage car auctions. Every time I go, it’s a refreshing experience. It lets me breath in the nostalgia of the 70’s. That’s why I noticed something recently. Whenever auctions come around, you can’t help but notice that Chrysler comprises a majority of the vehicles. Was Chrysler the only muscle car manufacturer in the 70’s?

Hell no. There are still plenty of other good muscle cars in America. They just don’t get the same amount of attention. In light of this dilemma, I sought for other classic automobiles on the net. Fortunately, the Sun-Sentinel had a top 10 post of attainable muscles (By this I am referring to the cars).

The list is composed of the usual favorites including my pick: the Pontiac Trans Am coupe (See the picture). For those who aren’t familiar with the vehicle, remember the movie Cannonball Run? The Trans Am is what Burt Reynolds rode in that fantastic car race! It houses a 6.6 Liter V8 engine (They just don’t make em like that anymore). The Trans Am topped the list. The Pontiac Trans Am was followed by the 1971-73 Datsun 240Z coupes, the 1971-73 De Tomaso Pantera coupes and the 1973-76 Chevrolet Nova SS.

The list was rounded out by (5) 1973 Ford Mustang Mach fastback (6) 1970-71 Plymouth Duster 340 coupes (7) the 1973 Mercury Cougar convertible (8) 1975-76 Chevrolet Vega Cosworth ed (9) 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442/W30 coupe and finally (10) the 1977-79 Chevrolet Corvette T-top coupe.

This is a pretty distinguished list of classic cars.

But like most top 10 lists, some notable names were not mention. One of my favorites failed to make it to the list. The 1969 Dodge Charger R/T. My father used to have one of these. It was painted sunfire yellow and it used to make all sorts of sounds. It sounded the way a car should sound, truly V8! It was the car that was featured in Dukes of Hazard. The Charger was sporty, strong, loud, mean, it was everything a muscle car should be.

Sources: The Sun-Sentinel

1 comment:

Brian said...

Hi, My name is Brian and I'd like to speak with you about your blog, please email me at your earliest convenience.